Cecil Cross, wife to Lloyd Cross, invites everyone to a celebration of Lloyd's life and accomplishments Monday, September 7, 2015.
As many of you know, Lloyd passed away April 28 of this year, leaving a legacy of achievement in laser physics and holography. A re-posting of his obituary can found here: http://holographyforum.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=1046&p=67310#p67310.
The celebration is from 3pm to 7pm at Cecil and Lloyd's home, 38991 Eureka Hill Road, Point Arena. The setting in Northern California is quite attractive, and an exploration of Lloyd's lab and his projects and the company of others in attendance will make it well worth the trip. All are welcome to attend -- family, friends, holographers, and even those just curious about holography.
Welcome to the Holography Forum's Holography Wiki - A Holography FAQ and Database for anyone who makes holograms.
Holographyforum.org / holowiki.org
A place to discuss holography
Holography Forum is the online discussion vehicle for an eclectic group of holography enthusiasts, experts, amateurs, and professionals. The forum itself is a wealth of information, and new topics for discussion are always welcome. Newcomers are warmly welcomed.
You may browse the various discussion threads as a guest, and it costs nothing to sign up as a full forum member.
Your host for this Holowiki site is John Fisher, chief volunteer with the honor of being site administrator.
New Stuff and Recent Additions
- Presentation slides from the Tenth International Symposium on Display Holography, provided by Petr Lobaz.
- Holography Forum has moved back to its original home at http://holographyforum.org/forum.
- Experiment with albumen plates by Filipe Alves.
- Cold Water Processing article by Ed Wesly.
- Compilation of chemistry for holographic developers and bleaches, courtesy of Ed Wesly.
- DCG Color Tuning guide derived form the Holography Forum archives.
- Beginner's Corner. Basic information for getting a start in holography.
- Dichromated Gelatin. Basic information about branching off into the realm of DCG holography.
- Experimenter's Corner. Odd things to try, or what others have tried.
- Hints and Kinks. Tips and techniques shared by others.
- Equipment. Things used in making holograms.
- Homemade Equipment. Some equipment is easily made at home.
- Gallery. Great examples of success, failure, and experiments.
A Little History
- Holography Safety. Chemical and laser safety. A must read!
- Abbreviations. Commonly used abbreviations by holographers.
- Holography Glossary. Holography technical terms defined.
- Holography Technology. The hardware and setups for making holograms.
- Hologram Recording Materials. How to get, make and use them and chemistry.
- Holography Theory. The Mathematics and Science of Holography.