Soldering to Laser Diodes
Revision as of 21:54, 11 May 2013 by Jsfisher (1 revision)
Soldering a Laser Diode is a easy way to kill it!
- The diode is very fragile.
- Don't bend the pins, subject the diode to shock or static electricity.
- Make sure to use a heatsink when soldering and use very thin wire for the connections.
- Use very fine wire as the stiffness of the wire can bend a pin and break an internal wire.
- Keep the leads from the driver to the diode short.
- Shield as much of the wire as possible.